CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

So fresh and Sooo Clean...

Posted by Picasa
I decided, on my own, at the six month mark I would try to wash my hair without banding and braiding. I am so glad I did. My hair felt so clean, light and fluffy when I was done that I could not keep my fingers out of it. I am also happy to report that there was no slippage. I'm not really surprised by this. I have been very fortunate not to have any slippage in these six months.
Because I made this decision on my own, I was very carful while washing my locs. I didn't scrub vigourously or use a detangling shampoo. I rinsed under luke warm water and patted my hair dry. I also didn't manipulate it too much until it was completely dry. All in all the experience was great!
Check List:
Hair thickening (check)
No more braid and band (check)
Next Battle: Become a member of the Do It Yourself Club (?)

1 comments:

foxydiva said...

I NEVER braided and banded shhhhh lol. My consultant never did when she washes my hair so I didnt feel i needed to either. I did clip the little babies I had in the back though. They had a hard enough time staying twisted w/o the addition of water and shampoo.

The only time I notice slipping is when I am using the shower at one particular hotel. Since I travel quite a bit, I think I will stick to sink washing. Your hair looks great BTW