CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Two Years and Counting ;)


Posted by Picasa

Maintenance - I wash my hair every two weeks and I always let it air dry. I spritz it when needed with water or leave in conditioner. I sleep with a hair bonnet on to keep the lent at bay and I retighten every 4 weeks. It doesn't get any easier.

Styling - After two years I am more in love with my hair than ever before. It's a decent length that allows me to feel comfortable styling now. Before I was only comfortable free styling with an occasional loc loop curl set; but now I love the spiral curls that I have discovered with the wrap-loc tool. My hair is so bouncy and sassy that I don't mind the time it takes to dry naturally. However, the ponytail still alludes me.

Live and learn - The biggest lesson that I've learned is not to wait too long between retightening my hair. The one time I went between 6-8 weeks my roots were so thin on some locks I became a little worried. The other lesson I've learned is not to scratch my scalp no matter how much it itches. I'm sure this has contributed to my thinning roots. I thought my days of an itching scalp was over a long time ago - but alas it has returned.

All and all - I love my natural hair!

4 comments:

Kay exquisite said...

HEY congrats on your two years!
:-) Your locks look great! did you color or is it just the lightening in some of the pictures?

Phoenix Rising said...

Hi Kay,

Thank you! I have used henna on my hair but it doesn't really show up. Any color changes in the pictures are definitely due to lighting. I want to color but haven't worked up the courage.

Lady Butterfly said...

Congratulations on your two year sisterlockversary!!! Your locks are coming along so beautifully.

Mile High Sisterlocks said...

You and your locs are absolutely beautiful. I too am totally in love with my locs. Happy belated two year lockversary. I am rapidly approaching my two year mark.