CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day One















Ok, as you can see - I finally got my hair locked. The night before I spent hours playing in my hair. Taking down my two - strand twists, washing it in the shower. I don't remember the last time I received so much joy from being able to run my fingers through my hair (sort of). I stared in the mirror for so long because I knew it would be the last time to see my hair loose. After a bit of nostalgia I went to sleep dreaming of the day to come. I arrived at my consultants shop and the thirteen hour journey began. I refused to look at my hair until the very moment of completion; partly because of nerves and partly because I wanted the full effect. I did find my hands gravitating toward my hair a few times.
I must admit that I enjoyed sitting and talking with the other clients who came in and out of the shop. Some wore sisterlocs and some sported traditional locks. Their own personal styles and stories about their hair differed as much as the colors in a kaleidoscope, the one common factor was that they Loved their hair. A few exclaimed that it was the best decision they had ever made for their hair.
After a short nap, an entire novel (Double Cross by James Patterson) and more intriguing conversation, my sisterlocs were born.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like you...well like you were about 3 years ago :-) I am at the very beginning of my journey. I've had my test locks put in and am scheduled for my install in 2 months. In the meantime I've been on the web searching through blogs and videos to absorb the experience and lessons of others and I have to say, your putting into words your feeling pre and post installtion day was awesome. I so appreciate your being so open about "running your fingers through you unlocked hair..." and how you were feeling at the time. Thanks so much for taking the time to "blog" your thougts!