CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baited Breathe

As with any undertaking there is a stage of preparation. I had my consultation and I'd like to say that my worries were assuaged but they weren't. I am nervous about many things. I worry about the size of the locks, if they will look good on me, the visible space on my scalp and the texture my hair will conform to. My consultant readily answered all of my questions however, there is still the proverbial but..... swimming around in my head. I am starting with approximately seven inches of natural hair so it isn't the fear of MY HAIR, as much as it is the permanent decision to lock. Will I miss the two strand twist, Will I miss the occasional afro that I love to sport, Will I miss running my hands through my spongy hair in the shower??? What will I miss and what will I gain?


Nevertheless, I made an appointment for December 30, 2008. I am committed to my decision to try sisterlocks because when I list the pros and the cons, the pros win every time. Besides, my decision to lock wasn't made overnight. I have been considering it since I went natural three years ago. After all, It's just hair...... or is it?



Stay tuned for the feature presentation......

0 comments: