CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

10th months and curls



I finally had time to style my hair. I purchased the lock loops and they were fantastic to use. I literally curled my hair while watching T.V - no mirror; grabbed a small amount of hair, wrapped it around the loop and close. The pictures above are actually the second day and after a 6mi. run. The curls were much tighter but I figured I should post before they were totally gone. I received many compliments on my curls although I haven't decided if I should try to style the curls. The first day I allowed them to be free and the second day I wore a headband.

I can tell that my hair has grown some, but not much. I think the reason it takes so long to notice growth is because the loose hair on the ends has to shrivel and shrink first. So while your hair is growing, it's also shrinking. I have heard it said that you have a growth spurt at the 1 1/2 - 2 year mark. Perhaps this is when shrinkage is done because it's locked. Just a theory - What do you think?Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Beautiful curls!!! Are you still a member of the DIY club? I'm trying to get the courage to try. Your blog has inspired me to do so. I don't like being dependent on someone else to have my hair done, I only want them as an option. I have had my sisterlocks for 8 months. Thanks for sharing the pics!!!

Phoenix Rising said...

@Felicia - I'm still a DIY'er. I wouldn't have it any other way. It means a lot to me that I can serve as an inspiration when it comes to hair since I haven't always thought this was my best feature - Thank you!

Felicia said...

I know this post is a little late, but I ordered my NL tool and I am doing my best to stay encouraged. I thought that today I would check out your blog to see updates from you. Lo, and behold I recieved encouragement. Thanks again!!!