CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

11 Months and Cute


My hair was officially ten months old November 30th and I can honestly say that I noticed growth. Not record setting lengths are anything, but when my hair is wet from working out or the shower, it dangles in eyes. I find myself searching for headbands and ties for the gym when before it never would have crossed my mind. The inspiration for the above collage came after I washed my own hair, retightened my own hair and because I thought I was cute. I love the bounce that my hair has when it is clean and I love the body that retightening my hair leaves. So today I did both and had extra bounce and body. Some of the pictures above are wet hair from the shower and others right after my retight.. I'm sure you can tell the difference. I've gotten to the point where I can retighten my hair with no mirror and I wash it quite vigorously. What can I say - I'm on the move and it feels good. Next up - COLOR. I will wait until my hair is a full year, so this should be around New Year. When my hair was loose and natural I colored with Henna, so I think I'll continue with this method even though the color is slight and you might not be able to readily discern the difference.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Sereni-T said...

They look fantastic!!!

Phoenix Rising said...

Thank you so much Sereni-T. That means a lot to me since I admire your beautiful thick hair soooo.. much.

z said...

Your locks are maturing nicely!

foxydiva said...

Very pretty!!! You have had some growth too..And so good waiting a full year to color. I didn't wait and i think i have maybe on lock that looks like it is trying to do right and lock up lol. But I do like how it looks now.

Phoenix Rising said...

@Dewdrop - Thanks for the nod, I can't wait to reach your lenghts.

@foxydiva - Waiting to color wasn't hard because I'm probably overly cautious when it comes to my hair. Note that I will be using hena even though I'm not sure if it will add any noticable color. Be patient, our hair is as mysterious as we are. I have every confidence that your hair will make you proud. I fall more in love with mine at every stage.