CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day!

Congratulations America! We finally got it right. As I watched President Obama be sworn in, my eyes filled with tears, my heart filled with joy, my spirit filled with hope, and my soul sang another chorus of freedom. I could hardly believe what I was seeing. This regal African American Man taking a solemn stand to lead this wayward country through its trials and tribulations was almost too much. Almost!

I say almost because I remember the day before he was sworn in, he was performing community service, I say almost because he wrote the most beautiful letter to his equally beautiful daughters that moved me beyond compassion and toward shear marvel. I say almost because he always defers to the American people as the answer and never glorifies himself. So I’ll stop saying almost and say finally.

Finally our children have a phenomenal man to look toward for the true measure of manhood; a Family Man, an African American Man and now a Presidential Man. To this I say Thank you and God Bless. My heart is with you, Michelle, Malia and Sasha.

3 comments:

suiteSTL said...

I CRIED SO HARD LAST NIGHT, I HATE MY GRANDMOTHER MISSED THIS, I WISH SHE COULD HAVE HELD ON UNTIL THIS DAY

Lady Butterfly said...

It was absolutely beautiful. Hopefully people of all kinds will come together for a serious change. My heart was so full. It was amazing to see this part of our history.
Your locks are coming along nicely.

Phoenix Rising said...

I too wish that my family who is no longer with us could have experienced this event. I am blessed to have a great aunt who is 107 years old witness this and my paternal grandmother as well. My heart still overflows and my mind races with possiblities. Not just for African Americans but for all of mankind. How cute this past weekend My nine year old cousin, we call her Kira - Cake, asked if she could be the first black woman president. I could only hug her and say Yes You Can!
Thank you both for your comments. I will always love sharing this experience wtih one and all.